About Documentation Centre
The Documentation Centre of ICSF was initiated in 1999, in Chennai, India. The main aims behind the setting up of the Centre were to disseminate relevant information pertinent to small-scale fisheries and fishworkers in a format that would be easily available. The focus areas of information collection of the DC has been: artisanal fisheries, working conditions of fishworkers, fishworkers unions, fishworker movements, social security, women in fisheries, fisheries statistics, fishing technology, fishing communities, aquaculture, fisheries trade, fisheries management, coastal ecosystems and legal instruments, from different parts of the world.
- Kerala: Traditional fishermen to observe sea hartal on Oct 26
- Tamil Nadu: ‘Fishermen want new beneficiaries to be added to assistance scheme...
(Source: The Hindu)
- Sri Lanka: Fishermen stage protest in Colombo blocking traffic
(Source: Colombo Gazette)
- Andhra Pradesh: Corruption culture spawning illegal aquaculture
(Source: The Hans India)
- West Bengal: New Town pisciculture gets push from Hidco
(Source: The Times of India)
- India: Opposes negotiations on global value-chain at WTO
(Source: The Hindu Business Line)