About Documentation Centre
The Documentation Centre of ICSF was initiated in 1999, in Chennai, India. The main aims behind the setting up of the Centre were to disseminate relevant information pertinent to small-scale fisheries and fishworkers in a format that would be easily available. The focus areas of information collection of the DC has been: artisanal fisheries, working conditions of fishworkers, fishworkers unions, fishworker movements, social security, women in fisheries, fisheries statistics, fishing technology, fishing communities, aquaculture, fisheries trade, fisheries management, coastal ecosystems and legal instruments, from different parts of the world.
- Bangladesh: Magical success of Mukta's fish sanctuary surprises all in Rajshahi
(Source: The Financial Express)
- Bangladesh: 8 fishermen arrested in Sundarbans
(Source: The Daily Star)
- Bangladesh: Warmer seas spell unsolvable trouble for Bangladesh’s national fis...
(Source: BD News24)
- Telangana: Telangana Govt mulls more subsidies
(Source: The Hans India)
- Pakistan: Unusual abundance of purpleback squid could open up new trading opport...
(Source: FIS United States)
- Tamil Nadu: TN sticks to its stand on deep sea fishing guidelines
(Source: The Hindu)