About Documentation Centre
The Documentation Centre of ICSF was initiated in 1999, in Chennai, India. The main aims behind the setting up of the Centre were to disseminate relevant information pertinent to small-scale fisheries and fishworkers in a format that would be easily available. The focus areas of information collection of the DC has been: artisanal fisheries, working conditions of fishworkers, fishworkers unions, fishworker movements, social security, women in fisheries, fisheries statistics, fishing technology, fishing communities, aquaculture, fisheries trade, fisheries management, coastal ecosystems and legal instruments, from different parts of the world.
- Andhra Pradesh: 500 fishermen to benefit from Mudra loans
(Source: The Hans India)
- India: High Court moved against illegal transhipment of fish catch
(Source: The Hindu)
- Gujarat: Fishermen ailing in Pakistan jails: Wives seek visa to visit them
(Source: Business Standard)
- Maharashtra: Fishermen raise a stink over raw meat ban in Metro
(Source: The Asian Age)
- Kerala: Dwindling fish stock: Kerala plans to regulate mechanised fishing
(Source: The New Indian Express`)
- Tamil Nadu: Can the courts save India's rivers from pollution? Tirupur shows the...