About Documentation Centre
The Documentation Centre of ICSF was initiated in 1999, in Chennai, India. The main aims behind the setting up of the Centre were to disseminate relevant information pertinent to small-scale fisheries and fishworkers in a format that would be easily available. The focus areas of information collection of the DC has been: artisanal fisheries, working conditions of fishworkers, fishworkers unions, fishworker movements, social security, women in fisheries, fisheries statistics, fishing technology, fishing communities, aquaculture, fisheries trade, fisheries management, coastal ecosystems and legal instruments, from different parts of the world.
- Uttarakhand: Why the Court Ruling to Humanise the Ganga and Yamuna Rivers Rings ...
(Source: The Wire)
- Maldives: Impacts of mass coral die-off on Indian Ocean reefs revealed
- Sri Lanka: Protecting Sri Lanka’s Dugongs
(Source: The Sunday Leader)
- Odisha: Six held for fishing near Gahirmatha marine sanctuary
- Odisha: 3,700 illegal immigrants detected in Odisha: Govt
- Goa: Goa Coastal Zone Management Authority stops Cutbona jetty upgradation
(Source: The Times of India)